PRIVACY & DISCLAIMER
The information contained in this site is for general guidance on matters of interest only. The application and impact of laws can vary widely based on the specific facts involved. Given the changing nature of laws, rules and regulations, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in information contained in this site. Accordingly, the information on this site is provided with the understanding that the authors and publishers are not herein engaged in rendering legal, or other professional advice and services. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional legal or other competent advisers. Before making any decision or taking any action, you should consult a lawyer.
We take our responsibilities under Personal Data Protection Act 2010, any regulations enacted thereunder, and any guidelines that may be issued from time to time by the Personal Data Protection Commission (collectively, the “PDPA”) seriously. We also recognize the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data.
This Data Protection Notice is designed to assist you in understanding how we collect, use, disclose and/or process the personal data you have provided to us, as well as to assist you in making an informed decision before providing us with any of your personal data.
If you, at any time, wish to:
- send us any queries on this policy or on how we may manage, protect and/or process your personal data;
- withdraw your consent for us to collect, use and/or disclose your personal data; or
- exercise your statutory rights under the PDPA in relation to access or correction of your personal data in our control or possession.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at:
- Email: email@example.com. Attention it to the ‘Data Protection Officer’.
- Office Address: 9B Jalan Setiapuspa, Medan Damansara, 50490 Kuala Lumpur
Please indicate in the subject header what is the nature of your query (e.g. If it is relating to an access request, you may insert the words “PDPA Access Request” in the subject header).
INTRODUCTION TO THE PDPA
“Personal Data” is defined under the PDPA to mean data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organisation has or is likely to have access. Common examples of personal data could include names, identification numbers, contact information, medical records, photographs and video images.
We will collect your personal data in accordance with the PDPA. We will notify you of the purposes for which your personal data may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed, as well as obtain your consent for the collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of your personal data for the intended purposes, unless an exception under the law permits us to collect and process your personal data without your consent.
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTION, USE, DISCLOSURE AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data which we collect from you may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed for various purposes, depending on the circumstances for which we may/will need to process your personal data, including:
- the provision of legal services to you;
- complying with or as required by any request or direction of any governmental authority;
- conducting research, analysis and development activities (including but not limited to data analytics, surveys and/or profiling) to improve our services and facilities in order to enhance your relationship with us or for your benefit, or to improve any of our services for your benefit;
- storing, hosting, backing up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your personal data, whether within or outside Malaysia;
- responding to complaints, queries and/or requests;
- sending you information about any administrative changes, updates and/or amendments to our policies, terms and conditions;
- organising seminars, events or other marketing / promotional activities; and/or
- any other purposes which we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent.
(collectively, the “Purposes”)
As the purposes for which we may/will collect, use, disclose or process your personal data depend on the circumstances at hand, such purpose may not appear above. However, we will notify you of such other purpose at the time of obtaining your consent, unless processing of your personal data without your consent is permitted by the PDPA or by law.
In order to conduct our business operations more smoothly, we may also be disclosing the personal data you have provided to us to our third party service providers, agents and/or our affiliates or related corporations, and/or other third parties whether sited in Malaysia or outside of Malaysia, for one or more of the above-stated Purposes. Such third party service providers, agents and/or affiliates or related corporations and/or other third parties would be processing your personal data either on our behalf or otherwise, for one or more of the above-stated Purposes.